1. The Pilotage rates provided above are increased as follows:
- by 30% for the manoeuvres performed on Saturday, Sunday and statutory holidays;
- by 10% for the manoeuvres performed during the night (22.00-06.00);
- by 15% for the manoeuvres of ships carrying dangerous cargo;
- by 100% for the manoeuvres of ships without the main engine running, excepting the cases when shifting by ropes from one berth to another;
2. The Pilotage rates provided above are reduced as follows:
- by 10% for ships which return to the same romanian maritime ports in less than 30 days;
- by 25% for liner ships and container ships;
- by 50% for ships registered in the Romanian maritime ports;
- by 50% for ships shifting by ropes from one berth to another;
3. The Pilotage rates for tankers with segregated ballast tanks are applied to the gross tonnage established after taking into account the ballast tank tonnage. The existence of segregated ballast tanks must be proved by the International Tonnage Certificate.
4. From the payment of Pilotage rates are exempted:
- Romanian and foreign Navy ships;
- Ships used by a public service, for maintenance or for the control and surveillance of navigation, as well as the ships used in case of danger and floods;
- Training ships, hospital ships and pleasure boats.
5. During a manoeuvre, when a ship meets cumulatively several conditions for the increased or reduced rates, it will be applied the increase respectively the reduction in the biggestpercentage, only once, according to the formula:
Tf = Ta9(1 + Cm - Cr),
Tf = Tariff
Ta9 = Basic Tariff
Cm = biggest rate of increase
Cr = biggest rate of reduction
6. The reference basis to establish the service value it will be considered the hour of commencing the manoeuvre, and the night period is considered between 22.00-06.00 hours.